Saturday, August 27, 2011

Swamiji's Smiling Face: from Bangalore to Adivarapupeta

from Sudarshan Reddy Balakrishna:

As usual, Sunday evening bhajans were going on at the Bangalore ashram (July 31). I was sitting with the bhajan group enjoying the bhajans. Suddenly I felt an urge to do meditation. I went aside and sat for meditation. Few minutes passed by in meditation, then all of a sudden I went into deep meditation. My body was reacting differently, like how it will react when you get fever. It was like that. Then I was seeing a face in front of me.

In the midst of that experience I got a bit disturbed and wanted to remove it. I tried shaking my head with eyes still closed, thinking if I shake my head it will go away, but it was of no use. Then I recognized the face as Swamiji’s, eyes half open and smiling a bit. It was almost round in shape. This continued to be there for about 5-10 minutes before it vanished. Then my body became normal and bhajans also got over and I came out of meditation.

The experience was so refreshing. I was so happy for having Swamiji's darshan in meditation. I almost felt like saying loudly to everyone that I had Swamiji’s darshan in meditation today. I wanted to dance in joy.

Exactly six days later I was in Adivarapupeta for the 50th tapas anniversary celebration. I went to Swamiji’s Samadhi. As soon as I entered my attention was driven to a photo kept there. To my surprise I was seeing the same Smamiji’s face in the photo which I had seen in my mediation six days earlier: the same face, with eyes half open and smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment